We believe shared cars are a better way to move around, offering more flexibility and more convenience. We are already the #1 car rental marketplace in Europe, and we believe the adoption will be 100 times larger in just a few years. We have a lot on our plate since we are opening cars with smartphones, preventing fraud, optimising the search & booking experience, opening new countries... so we'd love for you to join the growing engineering team (17 brilliant people) and contribute.
We are looking for someone who is motivated, really interested in web technologies and willing to learn a lot, with a desire to eventually transform this internship into a permanent position.
Our Tech Stack
- Ruby on Rails 5.1 with Ruby 2.4
- ES6, ReactJS with Webpack and Yarn for the frontend
- Lots of Rspec and Capybara/PhantomJS tests to be safe
- Continuous integration with Docker and CircleCI to push to production multiple times a day
- MySQL with multiple slaves and a dozen of Redis instances to store things
- A solid internal bootstrap to avoid redesigning forms every few weeks
- Monitoring dashboards built with Telegraf + Influxdb + Grafana
- Note that we aren't necessarily looking for someone with specific experience in our current tech stack: you can learn here - we know that a lot of programming languages are similar. We are however looking for someone willing and able to learn fast with some background in web development.
What Are Our Developers Working On At Drivy?
- We are on a path to change the way people use cars in cities. We already have a lot of features used by our drivers and owners, but we need to accelerate a few different domains, for instance:
- Improve the user experience by leveraging instant booking of cars and integrating hardware to open doors with a smartphone.
- Detect fraud before it happens and reduce risk on the platform
- Build new components for our design system
- Continuously run A/B tests and look at the data to make sure the app is as good as it can be
- Scale the service and the codebase by extracting services from the main codebase
- ... and of course all developers are part of the product discussions. We think that it is important for people to have an impact, so we organise ourselves in squads focused on a specific mission.
- Under the supervision of an experienced Full-Stack Engineer, you will participate in the day-to-day developments of Drivy, including :
- Participating in the development of new features
- Building internal tools
- Improving our existing codebase
What we are looking for
- Experience with a MVC web framework (like Rails)
- Ability to communicate in English
What this internship will give you
- A unique experience within a company that is a leader of its market
- A chance to consolidate your knowledge about web technologies
- Discovery of new tools and best practices used on a fast paced and high volume platform.
You will work in the best possible conditions, with:
- An internship supervisor with the same background as yourself ! (Epitech 2014)
- A great engineering team made of experienced and pedagogic people used to mentoring.
- Recent and powerful hardware
- The peace of mind of a large test suite and pull requests to stay sane and ship often
- An international team of great and passionate people
- ...and we think you'll also appreciate this:
- Getting to learn from your peers and to share your knowledge on the blog and in our internal presentations every two weeks
- Open source projects are being extracted from the codebase when appropriate
- Free non fiction books and access to our growing library
- Headquarters in the center of Paris
- Offices in Berlin, London and Barcelona
- We often organise meetups in our office
- Tickets restaurants, a good mutuelle...
- "Hack days" a few times in the year to experiment with new technologies and ideas
- A front row seat to witness the disruption of car ownership