Back to jobs listings
Tech - Paris - Full-time
We believe in a world where all cars are shared. Carsharing empowers people to get going in a smarter, easier way, while also having a positive impact on the environment and making cities more liveable. It’s this vision that propels us forward and inspires us to think even bigger.
Since April 2019, Drivy is now part of Getaround. Together, we’re the world's leading carsharing
platform with a community of more than 5 million users sharing over 11,000 connected cars across 7 countries.
Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt car ownership and make cities better.
You will participate in building an app that is changing the mobility landscape in Europe and scale to millions of users, and by joining the engineering team (23 brilliant people!) you’ll take on many challenges
We’re looking for someone who is not only well versed in Android development, but also has a strong understanding of good UX. You have worked with all the components of an Android app, from client-server communication to UI.
What motivates you the most is to have a direct impact on users, you are details-oriented and strive on building great software.
What you'll work on
• work closely with our product and design teams to deliver great user experience and pixel-perfect interfaces
• work on great features that make car rental easy and frictionless
• keep our UI smooth
• improve our delivery process with tests, continuous integration, automated screenshots
• keep our tech stack state of the art: we always evaluate what is best for our needs (RxAndroid, Retrofit)
This role is remote-friendly, but you’ll be required to come to our Paris office - either one day a week or two days every two weeks - to collaborate with the team face-to-face.
Our Tech Stack
- Kotlin, Java
- Circle CI
What you'll bring to the table:
- Experience shipping at least one excellent Android app, ideally currently available on Google Play
- Deep understanding of the Android SDK
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Strong object-oriented and architectural skills
- Deep understanding of good UX
- Great communication skills
- Able to communicate in English
We think you'll also appreciate this:
- Getting to learn from your peers and to share your knowledge on the blog and in our internal presentations
- A ticket to one technical conference of your choice each year
- Free non fiction books and access to our growing library
- Headquarters in the center of Paris
- Offices in Berlin, London and Barcelona
- We often organize meetups in our office
- Tickets restaurants, a good health insurance
- "Hack days" a few times in the year to experiment with new technologies and ideas
- A front row seat to witness the disruption of car ownership
No need for a resume, but Linkedin, Twitter and Github usernames are appreciated!