Drivy is Europe’s #1 car-sharing platform with over 2 million users and 50,000 cars in 6 countries. We give city-dwellers convenient access to shared cars in their neighbourhood that they can unlock with their phones - while also liberating city spaces from unused parked cars. We’re constantly expanding to new cities, optimising our service and apps, and improving the customer experience, so we’re on the lookout for smart, passionate, and creative people to join our international team (with over 20 nationalities!).
- Your mission is to leverage our supply and demand data to optimize the output of our marketplace.
- You are tackling some of the hardest quantitative problems at Drivy and have a decisive impact on Drivy’s growth.
What you'll work on
- You will build a core model forecasting our supply/demand ratio, feeding various tools and departments of the company.
- You will own your roadmap and set priorities, picking low hanging fruits first without too much data or tech investment, and progressively setting up more sophisticated decision making tools.
- Some of the key use cases are:
- • Dynamic pricing and revenue management: recommend the ideal price based on supply / demand analysis. Offer our owners to let Drivy price for them.
- • Search engine: dynamically rank and filter cars to maximize conversion. Read this related article from Airbnb.
- • Feed the marketing team with supply/demand data to that they can allocate spending dynamically.
Who you'll work with
- You’re the head of a new function, reporting to our CPO Nicolas Mondollot.
- As we progress, you will need to hire a small team of people including data scientists and pricing specialists.
What you'll bring to the table
- The position requires strong quantitative skills, in order to crack some of the toughest problems of marketplace optimization.
- However we are not looking for a pure data scientist to lead the department, but rather for a business leader able to understand and lead data scientists.
- We need business acumen to build a roadmap, make use of limited data in the beginning, as well as project management and team management skills.
- Experience with marketplaces is a very big plus, and experience with revenue management a plus.
- Experience with advanced analysis tools/languages (eg. SQL, R, Tableau) is required.
- Skills and/or experience in developing production quality code (eg. Python) is a plus.
- We estimate a 5-year experience is a minimum to acquire the required skills, but we’re flexible on this point.
- You will need to be highly adaptable as we will start from almost scratch, and you will need to impact growth based on very basic tools in the beginning.
- Some basic articles that should ring a bell: All about network effects, Not all network effects are created equal, an ex-Airbnb employee on basic marketplace principles
What we offer
- Drivy is a fast-growing French startup located in the centre of Paris, with regional offices in Berlin, Barcelona, and London. We offer one of the most dynamic and diverse company cultures in town, and give every employee the opportunity to grow and the power to define their impact at Drivy.
- Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt car ownership and make cities better.