We believe shared cars are a better way to move around, offering more flexibility and more convenience. We are already the #1 car rental marketplace in Europe, and we believe the adoption will be 100 times larger in just a few years. We are present in several countries, have great mobile apps, and kick-ass hardware. And we’re just getting started.
What you’ll do
You will join the engineering team (16 brilliant people!) as a member of the Data engineering squad and you will take on many challenges:
• Enrich and maintain our data pipelines
• Be the interface with engineers and data analysts to understand data needs
• Build tools to improve company productivity with data
• Develop processes to monitor and ensure data integrity Instrument, monitor and build tools to manage our growing data infrastructure
• Define and manage the SLAs for all data sets
Our team has a great impact and high-leverage: it helps the entire company be more productive and take better decisions. We love to be open about the work we do. Some examples are:
We also give back to the community by contributing on different projects like Redash, Apache Airflow, Telegraf, Embulk or many different Ruby projects.
We’re building a marketplace that will scale to millions of users in many different countries in the coming years. You can imagine that there will also be many challenging problems that we haven’t even thought of yet!
Who you are
• You know how to work with high volume heterogeneous data, preferably with distributed systems.
• You are knowledgeable about data modelling, data access, and data storage techniques.
• You care about agile software processes, reliability, data quality and responsible experimentation.
• You understand the value of collaboration within a team.
Our Tech Stack
• Apache Airflow for ETL workflows
• Embulk with various Python, Ruby and Shell scripts for ETL
• Redshift as our Data warehouse
Skills & Experience We Are Looking For
• 2+ years experience
• BS or MS degree in Computer Science, IS or related field required.
• Experience in ETL design, implementation and maintenance
• Experience with object-oriented programming languages (Python is a plus)
• Experience with a relational database such as PostgreSQL, MySQL or MPP databases such as Redshift
• Great communication skills, works well within a team
• Able to communicate in English